9.07.2006

Our Amazing Race

Today I will kiss my two beautiful boys goodbye and place them into their Grandma's arms, then I will wrap my arms around my tearful wife and we will board a plane together to go away. "They'll be ok" I'll say and I'll wipe her crocodile tears away with my sleeve. That's one of the reasons I married her, because of her tender heart... and I think she's beautiful when she cries.

We will board a plane and go far away, just the two of us for about nine days. Where are we going...to that place. A place where they speak a different language, eat different food and cheer about different sports. We've scraped our pennies together over the years and the stars have lined up so that we can go and adventure together.

We've often watched the Amazing Race and wondered how well we would do...actually we wondered how poorly we would do. We love each other, but we both find different ways to drive to the bank...so traveling around the world is a whole other story. But we will go and adventure. We will reconnect, relax and rekindle the joy of just being together.

I might share a picture while we are away, but if things are really going well...you may not hear from me for 10 days. Ciao!

No comments: