11.16.2007

The Meaning behind EVERYTHING

God in my laughing...
There in my weeping...
God in my hurting...
God in my healing...
...Be my everything.


Just a few lines from the worship song "Everything" by Tim Hughes. I've been honestly living with this song for past few months. I absolutely love it. It is quite simple yet has moved me with its profound message. I've really come to respect Tim Hughes for his heart, his musicianship and his gift for writing and leading good worship. I've even had the pleasure of sitting under his worship leading at Passion'06.

Here's a bit of the song... with some explanation behind it... from some random English worship TV show... I think.



Maybe life is up... your job is good, your family is healthy, your ministry is growing, your team is winning, your account is growing, your flowers are blooming, your kids are obeying, your shots are falling, your relationships are growing... but who is your everything?

Maybe life is down... your health is failing, your clients are leaving, your basement is flooding, your car is leaking, your collectors are calling, your kids are leaving, your ministry is fleeting, your friends are ignoring, your life seems boring... but who is your everything?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great song, Clay! Thanks for sharing it with us. You're right, no matter if life is up or if it's down, Christ must be our everything.
Carol