5.01.2006

Pray & Eat



















Thursday May 4
Pray: 6am-7am @ the Church

Eat: @ 7am at the Burkles

3411 Patcon Way, 43026

To my 727 faithful,
This Thursday our church will take part in the National Day of Prayer. It is a bit sad that it takes an edict from our President before we will set aside a serious amount of time for intercession and thanksgiving, but nevertheless lets do it. Since early morning prayer time can often turn into dream-like prayer sleep, lets get together for just 1 hour to pray together. Then you are invited to mi casa for a scrumptious breakfast (a little enticement for those not to excited about an hour on their knees).

Let love be genuine.
Abhor what is evil;
hold fast to what is good.
Love one another with brotherly affection.
Outdo one another in showing honor.
Do not be slothful in zeal
be fervent in spirit
serve the Lord.
Rejoice in hope,
be patient in tribulation,
be constant in prayer.
Contribute to the needs of the saints
and seek to show hospitality.
Bless those who persecute you;
bless and do not curse them.
Rejoice with those who rejoice,
weep with those who weep.
Live in harmony with one another.
Do not be haughty,
but associate with the lowly.
Never be conceited.
Repay no one evil for evil,
but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all.
If possible,
so far as it depends on you,
live peaceably with all.
Romans 12:9-18

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are going to come and eat try and let me know so I know about how much to make! Thanks and hope to see you.

Anonymous said...

wow...what a wonderful verse. I've read that before, but I never experienced it the way I just did when I read it. I will surely hold this close to my heart and let it change my life.

clayburkle said...

Cass,
The words of Scripture are truly powerful and sometimes we encounter them in insightful and powerfully fresh ways. That type of living is certainly a supernatural view on life.

Anonymous said...

Christine I wish I could make it to the Chruch and to the Burkle's for breakfeast however work is nagging me :) Just wanted to express my gratitude for the nice meals you make for everyone even though I've only made it to one night.

Clay - I didn't have time to speak with you after Bible study on Tuesday, but just wanted to let you know how awsome the past two times were. The Scriputures from Colossians blew me away. I'll be honest with you I've never really looked into the Bible so I wasnt sure what to expect, I mean as I read it and think about the words and meaning; for the Bible to of been written so long ago but be so accurate, it just felt right. My wife is happy for me because I come home and tell her about it and she understands my enthusaim. I look forward to more teachings, because you do a fanstatic job and I enjoy being a part of it.

clayburkle said...

Eric- Thanks for the kinds words about Christines meals, she loves feeding people. And I'm glad that Colossians has been so encouraging to you. It is indeed amazing that a book written so long ago can be so relevant. That just proves to me that it is more than a book, it is really words spoken by God through men (2 Timothy 3:16). The words of the Bible have changed my life, they have opened my eyes to the ways of God. It is neat to hear of your excitement about the Bible.