3.06.2008

MIA

I've been out of the blogosphere for the past few weeks, on the heels of having a blast posting the "3 Questions" Series. But for many good reasons. So here's the scoop:

WORK has owned me for the past few weeks. Although after 5 months I have still not made a commission check... and am actually making less than I was this time last year... my activity has picked up dramatically. Lots of work = tired Clay.

FAMILY is my life. When I hit the home... I get the hand-off and am with all my kids from play to dinner to clean-up to baths to bed-time at 8-9ish. It is a blast. I love my kids. Lots of family = extra tired Clay.

SERMONIZING is on tap. Yep I'm preaching this Sunday at Journey. I've been prepping for the past few weeks while awake... and while asleep. It's amazing when your spirit is set on listening to God how your night-time thoughts and dreams are tuned in too. Working title is "How Deep is Your Love" from Luke 7:36-50... but there are still 3 days... so it might change.

American Idol is in full swing. C'mon you didn't think I'd lost my priorities did you. Gotta say it's the guys year and I'm a band-wagon David Archuletta fan.... DAWG.

Friends. For some reason I've had the chance to connect a couple of good college and prior-life buddies. It's been a blast to pull out the pictures and get nostalgic... and pick up where we left off.

These have been good days. And if you ask my wife and kids... they would say I haven't been MIA after all... and I'm happy about that.

3 comments:

Ted Williams said...

Glad you're back, amigo. Can't wait to serve with you this weekend at Journey....

Anonymous said...

How did it go..the sermon that is?

Ann said...

Clay and Christine,

Greetings from Montana. Okay I know it's been awhile. Congratulations on the beautiful little girl! The Lord is good. We have been so blessed here in Montana. After the tears of driving into this town....we have seen God's plan unfold with countless blessings. The first would be our amazing church that we found. The Lord has also met our needs of a home...a great job etc etc. Hope all is well with you. We obviously know that you must be going through some life changes. We are thinking of you. It doesn't matter how long it's been or where we are at....we are always the body of Christ! Say hi to Christine. I don't have your number....or I would call.