11.13.2007

Oh Happy Day!!!

On Monday, November 5 at 6:30 PM... Arley Christine burst into our world. She came in at 6 lbs 15 oz and 19 1/2 inches.

I don't know how to say it... other than our entire family is head-over-heels in love with her. She has brought an entirely new level of joy and love to our family.

I have noticed that, having babies makes your babies grow up. Our boys have in one sense matured over night. They love to hold her... and help mommy with her diapers... and are fascinated with her feeding.

Christine is recovering amazingly well. She had a great delivery and is ready to hit the gym when Dr. Greco gives her the OK. She is filled with joy and happiness. This might be the happiest I have ever seen her. What a gift from God... this joy we have.

And me... well I'm sitting back and enjoying the ride. This little girl has definitely awoken the tender warrior within me. I have a renewed desire to intimately connect with and be present and accessible to my kids. I'm wrestling with Griffey one minute... building Lego's with Caden the next... and quietly holding Arley after that.

At the same time I am on my toes ready to fight for my girl, my wife and my boys. I am ready to defend them and fight for them... because my joy is wrapped up in their joy and health and well-being. Thanks for sharing in our joy.

5 comments:

Pastor Kurt said...

Wow bro, congratulations! We still have the same pattern of kids (boy, boy, beautiful girl). Glad to hear things went well. Give our love to the family.

Ted Williams said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing some pics with the world...

dennis said...

Congratulations again. You've got me beat. I never had a girl. I wonder if Caden and Griffy have met their match? It will be fun! Enjoy the ride and celebrate the moments. I know you are. You are great parents!

Dawn said...

Congrats~~ She is absolutely beautiful.

CK said...

CONGRATULATIONS!