9.24.2007

Meet Tim Keller

Here is a Christian voice that you need to be listening to. Tim Keller is the pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City. Redeemer is 4,400 strong and had helped to plant nearly 100 churches... that is right... they have sent out leaders around the city and the world to start 100 new churches.

I used to think the gospel was just about getting people to heaven... then I heard Keller. I used to think social justice was for liberal churches and had nothing to do with the gospel... then I heard Keller. I used to think church planting was not necessary... then I heard Keller. I used to think Presbyterians were... well... Presbyterians... then I heard Keller.

You can enjoy a bunch of FREE teaching and articles here... from a voice you can trust. And if you want your world turned upside down by the simple story of the good samaritan... then read his book Ministries of Mercy.

"If you listen to one voice, you become a clone. If you listen to two voices, you become confused. If you listen to 10 voices, you get your own voice." -Tim Keller

3 comments:

Pastor Kurt said...

Keller has been very instrumental in my spiritual formation. While I've only heard him speak at a few conferences and have never had a personal audience, his emphasis on gospel has been transformational for me. You and I need to get together, because it seems like God has been leading us down a very similar spiritual path.

clayburkle said...

Kurt... I agree. But your path has led you to be planting a successful A29 church... and my path has led to me being unemployed and looking for a new church. Ahhh... the mystery of the will of God. He is faithful isn't he?!

REO Guy said...

Count your blessings young grass hopper- you have family, friends, God and a former great blue cheese career!