9.24.2007

A weekend in my web

Life is a web of relationships. That is why when considering who you will marry... you should consider the relationships that come with your spouse... because they will become part of your web. That is why when you lose a relationship or many... there is pain and loss... because part of your web is torn away.

So I'm continually weaving and re-weaving my web... and that was the theme of this past weekend.

On Friday Night I played poker with a bunch of my neighbors. I don't really know my neighbors all that well and it was only a $10 buy-in... so I jumped at the chance. I recently realized that most of my friends are Christians... what a shame. So I'm in the process of repenting of my sin, I am on the lookout for new friends. Will you pray for me.

On Saturday morning... I skyped my sister, Stephanie, who is spending the next year teaching English in Seoul, South Korea. I happened to be up at 6:15A, which is 7:15P, and randomly caught her for 45 minutes before she went out with friends. I have not had the chance to talk to her since she arrived about 3 weeks ago. It was great to catch up.

On Sunday morning... I enjoyed the preaching of my good friend Steve. They will post his message from Sunday here, soon. Steve is a gifted preacher and as funny as they come. He has also been a great friend and source of encouragement to me during my time of transition.

On Sunday night... I church hopped with some close couple friends. The place we visited blew my socks off. On your next free Sunday Night, you've gotta visit LifePoint Columbus up in Polaris. The vibe is young... the worship will blow you away... the preaching is solid... and the kids facilities rival COSI. Afterwards we went out for pizza and closed the joint down.

Just another weekend in my web.

2 comments:

dennis said...

Clay,

Ilove the analogy of life being like a "web" and in particular a "web of relationships." A web is so fragile and easy to destroy, yet when it is the spider doesn't give up or get discouraged. He simply builds again. I can learn from that. Thanks.

REO Guy said...

Speaking of good vibes Meadow Park Church of God on Bethel has a solid Sat night service that is Loud and hit (like you)
Also you have to come check out our new gig on Sundays at 11am- this sunday or next (you pick)LOL
SLW