9.10.2007

Missional Hip-Hop

I was over at the Resurgence at bumped into a great 15 minute interview on being missional. The specific topic is how to redeem the hip-hop culture. And while you might not give a rip about that specifically... we can all learn missional principles that will apply to our own local, sub-cultures.

The interview is with the Ambassador... who was a classmate of mine at Dallas Theological Seminary. I think we took some Greek and Bible Study Methods together. My man Duce is a crazy-smart, theologically astute brother, who can flat out rhyme. It was hilarious being in class with Duce wearing baggy pants, construction boots and walking with a swagger.

Duce is both an ambassador of Christ to the hip-hop culture... and an ambassador of hip-hop to the church culture. Both are important roles... I think... in the kingdom ministry of the church... being God's agents of reconciliation as he redeems all things (Col 1:20).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great interview. Thanks for linking this.

clayburkle said...

glad you liked it Billy. I crack up when I hear a rapper with the vocab of Duce. He is a cool cat.