7.13.2006

What's Your Style???

I'm not talking hair or clothes or even music... I'm talking church. I spent some time today researchng a Pastor's Conference that I am interested in and they posted some interviews of the speakers. One that really caught my eye was Mark Driscoll of Mars Hill Church in Seattle, WA. He talked about style in ministry. The Bible is pretty clear that Christ has "sent" the church to its local geography as "missionaries" through whom he wants to announce the good news of his kingdom. But how we do it, or in what style is an issue that often trips us up. What things MUST NOT change in translating the gospel to our neighbors and what things do we have the freedom to change. I like Mark's answer. See it for yourself.

http://desiringgod.org/media/video/2006_National/national2006_driscoll_interview4.mov

No comments: