6.11.2007

I'm Back

I'm breaking my blog fast. I had the shakes the first few days of vacation... but when I realized that we only had dial-in access on an ancient laptop I embraced my vacation from keeping you updated on me.

While I was gone: In short we had a great time. I enjoyed the chance to be away from work, our normal routine, our normal sites and our normal responsibilities. It was great to rest, to play, to read and to really give myself the freedom to relax. For me that means forgetting about the stress, the pressure, the expectations, the things left undone... back home.

And in that state of mind I have freedom to think new thoughts... to dream new dreams or to pick back up long forgotten ones. So I hope to share some of those with you along with some new family pics in the weeks ahead.

Upon my return: I walked in to 80 e-mails (I'm really depressed it is only in the double digits) and I flipped ahead 10 days in my planner. Do you know what it is like to flip over 10 blank days in a planner? I'm partly relieved and partly grieved. If it is not in the planner... did it really happen?

My wife and I are teaching first graders this week in our church's vacation bible school. As "Crocodile Clay" ("Croc" for short).... I'm an Amazon River guide who is guiding kids into the fun of Creation Science. Today in just 25 fun-filled minutes I debunked Evolution... I'm good. And you should hear my Australian accent... g'day.

1 comment:

John DeMarco said...

Debunking evolution in 25 minutes... we got to get you on the today show (haha)

VBS is a blast. Some of those kids will remember you forever.