5.31.2007

Off to Florida

I'm off for family vacation. We loaded up our Odyssey and pulled out of the driveway at 5:23AM on Wednesday... yah... we are real go-getters. We spent the entire day on I-75 and pulled off at our normal exit in Sarasota, FL.

Vacation is a ritual for us. Once or twice a year we head down to Sarasota for nothing but family time. We eat at our favorite restaurants. We swim in our regular pool. We visit our favorite beaches. And we just play.

I traditionally bring a big book and spend lots of time reading. Last year it was Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead. This year it is my first N.T. Wright book, The New Testament and the People of God (the first volume of six in the "Christian Origins and The Question of God" series).

So I am preparing to unplug... to relax... to take a break... to be with my family... to play... to think... but that will probably mean a break from blogging.

But before I sign off for about 10 days... a quick announcement. Caden has taken a huge step forward in the swimming process today. He has been dreadfully afraid of deep water for the last 4 years. So today we put swimmie's on him and basically tossed him in the deep end. After a few tears... he began to trust the swimmie's and has been "swimming" non-stop since. That's my boy.... and that is why I love vacation.

Adios Amigos!

No comments: