5.02.2007

Can you spell... GET

At our house I give our boys their regular bath. So once a week...at least... I plop them in the tub for a cleaning. It is in the bath that I have discovered that Caden is able to sound out basic words. So we have started playing spelling games in the bath.

I will put three letters in row, like... man or sat or fat and he will sound them out until he figures out the word. Without my prompting, after he figures out each word he will use it in a sentence to show me that he knows what the word means. It is hilarious... almost like our own little spelling bee.

So last night I put up G-E-T. He sounds it out... "guh"..."ehh"... "tuh". The he figures out it is GET. Then he proudly spouts out this sentence... I can have a new toy.

He's smart like me. So smart he needs a paper bag hat to hold in all his brains.

No comments: