5.25.2007

A Helpful Tool for Runners

This is a screen shot from my running friend... Gmaps Pedometer. It is a sweet web tool for measuring distances on maps. A friend of mine turned me onto it.

It is a google map that allows you to zoom down to the street level of your neighborhood... then click start recording... then every time you double click on the map it makes a mark and measures the collective distance. I know... amazing.

I use it religiously when setting my running routes. And it saves on gas like a charm. I guess I'm going green. Pass it on to your running friends... maybe we can drive the price of gas down.

3 comments:

Stef Tarapchak said...

Yep, you can bet I will be hitting this site! I don't trust your mileage computations!

John DeMarco said...

Awesome!

I've been looking for something like this. I'll definitely be using it.

clayburkle said...

just sharing the love!