1.24.2008

Burrito-ville Blessings

Have you ever been at the wrong place... at the right time? I have... yesterday... and oh it was such a buh-lessing. I had conversations with 3 different pastors from 3 different churches in a span of less than one hour... is God trying to tell me something?



















I planned on a meeting Steve, a local youth pastor, at the local Chipotle. Now I rarely go out to lunch in the first place, so this is a special occasion. So I'm meeting Steve out at Chipotle...but I completely go to the wrong one... and he has to double back to meet me there. I am always encouraged by his perspective on things and his example. This lunch proves to be no different.

During our lunch... I spot, Jonathon, a guy I met in Cincinnati but hadn't seen in 8 years. At the end of my lunch with Steve I go up to say hi. I find out that he went off to seminary in Philadelphia and is now pastoring a church up in Mount Vernon. He just happens to be in Columbus today. We now have coffee scheduled to catch up more on each others story.

As I'm getting ready to leave... I spot Brad, another local pastor, sitting off in the corner. We'd only met once, but I sit down and we pick up the conversation that we'd started a few months back. In just a few minutes he encourages me more than I could imagine.

What are the chances of that? And when it comes to that... What some call chance, I call the providence of God. I'm a pretty relational guy. There are not many things that can fill my tank like a few positive interactions with people. I could not have orchestrated a better lunch... but with chance... I guess I didn't have to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its cool how God works with things like that.

T.B.D. said...

I actually ran into Denny at Chipolte yesterday. Nothing else I just thought I would mention that.

clayburkle said...

Matt, It sure is.

Brian, It must be something in the sauce. It draws those pastor-types.