3.23.2006

Cory is GOING UP

Guest blogger and my roommate at Chris Brock's house, Cory Di Carro, shares some of his experience:

WOW!! What an amazing trip it has been. This is my third English Camp and I must say it has been the best. God has provided exceedingly and abundantly more in every fashion imaginable...
- Energy each day when we should have none
- Knowledge and wisdom when talking to students
- Comfort in missing loved ones (I miss my wife who's 4 months pregnant terrible but we become closer each day through notes, prayer, email and phone calls)
- Community and love with/for people who have only known us for 4 days

It’s almost impossible to put the events of this trip into words. God presence has been with us every step of the way. Students were receptive to talking about Christianity, Christ and taking steps towards God. As I sit here and struggle with what to say and how to say it I'm reminded of a verse that my wife included in one of her notes to me.

"But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it"

I can tell all you this, the message was boldly and accurately proclaimed during this trip. Each member of this team was specifically brought here by God and after watching how the team interacted with the students it is evident that our group and no other was a perfect fit for serving the needs of the students, our Estonian team and each other!

In Christ
-Cory

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!! I'll leave it at that - there's nothing else that I can say that will sum it up better!!!

God Bless,
Kelly