3.26.2007

How Great is Our God

My wife and I and a couple of friends went to the "How Great is Our God Tour" last night. It featured singers Chris Tomlin & Matt Redman and speaker Louie Giglio. This was certainly todays Jesus Rock at its finest. It naturally blended the finest in show production (with fancy lights and LED panels) with Christ-centered worship (with little left to the imagination).

As a confessing intellectual (not that I'm all that smart... but I love hearing from smart guys) my favorite piece was the talk by Louie. His mixed his passion for the glory of God and hankering for science into a soul-stirring, worship inspiring look out at the cosmos and in at the human body. When Louie shines the light on creation it certainly stirs my soul into wonder and amazement at the Creator.

By the word of the LORD the heavens were made,
and by the breath of his mouth all their host.

Psalm 33:6

Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his steadfast love, that he may deliver their soul from death and keep them alive in famine.
Psalm 33:18-19

Here is Louie holding up a golf ball (representing in the Earth) in front of a 15 foot image of the sun... giving us an image of how small we are.

4 comments:

Nance said...

This night was life changing. Louis has such a gift and God is using him to impact so many. All I can say is, Laminin...who knew?

clayburkle said...

I'm with you Nancy. Louis is a gifted communicator of truth. And he always has these "you had to be there moments" like Laminin.

I already shared the Laminin story with our babysitter as I drove her home last night.

Anonymous said...

I blogged it too bro. Incredible night. Louis hit a homerun and left this broken hearted Tar Heel fan uplifted, encouraged and amazed at the God who created it all and still has time for the little dot on a golf ball.

clayburkle said...

A,
It looked abit like a NBC reunion. I'm thinking small groups took a hit. You are right. Louie has a way of making God really big and us really small.