3.21.2007

Sexual Failure and Guilt

My last post was a reference to some Biblical tips on how to fight the temptation to sin sexually. Today is hope and help for us when we fail. Again I'm refering to John Piper and his recent challenge at Passion '07 entitled: How to Deal with the Guilt of Sexual Failure for the Glory of Christ and His Global Cause.

While it is necessary to prevent against and avoid sexual sin. We must also be prepared to return to God for forgiveness and strength after we stumble. And we must not let our struggle "guilt us out of" investing our lives in the cause of making Christ known.

Here are some notes I jotted down while listening to this talk. I bought my copy on iTunes in the Passion Bundle #2, which included a Charlie Hall song and a Chris Tomlin song.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'd be much better off if you just left the whole idea of "god" and "sin" behind. In your heart, I am sure, you know it's all just lies with no proof whatsoever. There is no good reason for blind belief. No good reason to fear repercussions, no sense in believing in an afterlife.

Ditch god, live without guilt, enjoy the one and only life you got. Don't waste time with this god-nonsense.

clayburkle said...

Hey anonymous... Thanks for stopping by and by the way a hearty congratulations you are my first dissenting post.

You are more than entitled to your opinion, but your comment begs a question.

I am quite curious. Is it really that simple "ditch god...live without guilt." You seem to have ditched god. Do you truly live a guilt-free life?

I'm just curious, because my life has certainly included it's fair share of guilt (even before my belief).