10.26.2005

You can't win 'em all

Nothing like a game of Jenga to blow off some mid-week steam. That was my remedy tonight. The cares of the world faded away as I focused on these tiny little blocks. Every Jenga player knows that it takes patience, touch and the nerves of a brain surgeon to piece together a Jenga win. But it all depends on your competition. If your competitor is distracted or jittery, they are done.

Well tonight, I overpowered my jenga-mate 4-1. Nothing short of a landslide...yah, I know. But what do you expect when you play a first-timer. I actually had to teach him the rules of the game, if you can believe that. He is really inexperienced in pressure situations and seems to lack concentration at times. What's wrong with this guy, you're thing. Ok...I was playing my 2 year old son. There I said it. And yes he did win a match, it was the first game that we played. I knew he was pretty good at building blocks, but I didn't think he had it in him to stick it to dear old dad in our first ever competition. I'm not supposed to lose to him when I'm actually trying (and I was) for at least another 10 years, when I'm good and ready to realize that I'm over the hill. But I'm still young and resilient, so I rolled off 4 consecutive wins (although he hung in there) before I changed his diaper and put him in bed. Jenga anyone?

No comments: