11.06.2006

Holy Roadtrip

What happens when you load 6 pastors into a van and drive for 8 hours to a leadership conference. Well not much... really. 6 Guys on our staff are heading to DRIVE Conference at North Point Community Church this week. The funny thing is that I bet dozens of people at our church would die to be a fly on the wall in our van, and here I am in the van. It's not that I'm smarter or better but just that I am here. It is quite fun.

We did watch a message by Andy Stanley from last years Drive Conference on the principle of Momentum and how it affects ministry in the local church. You know the idea that sometimes its like you are swimming with the current, you don't have to work that hard and lots gets done. But other times you swim with all your might, but the current is against and it seems that you are losing ground. That is the concept of momentum. It sparked a great conversation between me and Matt (our children's pastor) about how much momentum or lack there of we felt in our ministries. The conference has already started folks...if you know what I mean.

Oh... I would like to on record that I did drive the last hour of the trip... that was the 11:00-12:00 shift. (Sorry for the self-promotion, but my wife thinks I'm the worst late night driver and she is pretty much right). But last night I ponied up and I did it!! I'm glad I got that off my chest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes....that had to be a scary trip. I love the road sign picture. Think they don't want trucks turning right? Have a great trip and safe travels to ya! See if you can sneak Andy Stanley our blog URL's for a little extra promo ;)

Enjoy your trip brother.