1.22.2007

5 things you don't know about me

I have been tagged by my friend, Aaron Conrad, to share with the world 5 unique things about me. Check out Aaron's Five. Since I'm one of those guys that tends to color inside the lines I've had to put in a lot of thought to come up with more than where I went to school, where I've lived and famous people that I've shared a private beach with (a story for another time). I hope you enjoy.

1. I have spent the night in jail. Sounds a bit scary and maybe glamorous, but it is really quite boring. I had a season of life where I was racking up speeding tickets like it was job. In order to stick it to the man, I chose to rip them up instead of paying them. Not smart. Because after not paying a few, a warrant went out for my arrest and upon my next infraction I had to pay the piper. I made my call, was baled out, starting paying my tickets and eventually chose to slow down.

2. I once lost the tip of my left pinkie finger. At about 2, my family moved from Chicago, IL and during the move the tip of my little finger got cut off by a closing door. They picked up the piece of finger and me and took us both to hospital, where we were reunited. My little finger and I have made up and stuck together ever since the incident.

3. I have a fake tooth. I'm sounding pretty pathetic and clumsy at this point (I bet you didn't know that about me). But one day during a little league game I wandered into the on deck circle where our best player was practicing his swing. I timed it just right and his bat made contact with my mouth at full swing. All I remember is bending over and spitting out my teeth. I was quite fortunate that he hit my mouth and not my nose. So my left front tooth is a fake, covering up the hole in my smile left by Alex Steinman's bat.

4. I am not a midget. Although an impressive 5' 2 1/4" I am just short. So when people refer to me as midget, shorty, little man or dwarf it is not so much a technical term as it is a derogatory statement. Just to clarify. But I have always taken comfort in the community of small-statured but impressive men like Michael J. Fox, Chris Tomlin, Joshua Harris and the apostle Paul.

5. I once broke my brothers arm. Of course it was an accident... I'm not that vicious. At about 12 years old my little brother and I were playing in Kenny Bucks' tree house. We were hanging off the edge and swinging from a tree limb and jumping. My brother wasn't moving as fast as I thought he should, so I gave him a nudge, he lost his balance and SNAP. The fun part was my parents were out of town and my grandma was watching us for the weekend.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Wow, I think that flushing sound was your ministry after your jail comment! That's a classic.

Love the Sports info 2. What good ball player *hasn't* been hit by a bat?

Anonymous said...

Classic! Those were worth the wait. Ditto on the bat to the mouth. Luckily, I was able to move just a tad and barely missed complete "chiclets" with my teeth too. Love how you were going to stick it to the man. Great stuff. Thanks for playing along.

Anonymous said...

I'm not even a guy and I can relate to a couple of those--fake tooth...sledding accident 7 years old. Hit in face--tennis racket..gym class...morning of prom...nice black eye. And the door and finger thing--my middle son...I closed the door! Guess we're all a bit clumsy...but the jail thing...whoa!!!!Ha!