1.11.2007

She's 30 !!!!!

On January 11, 1977 my girl took her first breath in this world. On July 22, 2000 she took my name. On April 18, 2003 she bore my first son. And today she is stepping out of her raging 20's and is embracing her 30's.

A wise man once said, he who finds a wife finds a good thing. And I found a good thing when Christine walked into my life.

She is too much of certain things for some and not enough of other things for others, but in our 6 years of marriage we have grown to love and like each other more all the time.

Some relationships are likened to polite conversations over tea... ours is more like a wrestling match during happy hour. And I love her for who she is and what she has brought into my life. Here are a few unique things that I love about Christine.

Her soft heart... She connects with people who have suffered hardship on a heart level and feels for them. She has little compassion for fools, but for people who undeservedly suffer she sheds tears.

Her openness... I used to love it, then it bothered me, then I hated it and now I love with more understanding. She doesn't leave me wondering "what she really feels", she talks and tells me whats on her heart and mind.

Her work ethic... I am a self-confessing procrastinator and she is a workhorse. I have become more efficient (but am still a work in progress) because of her example.

Her support... She is my number one fan and makes me feel very secure as a husband, father and a man. She doesn't butter me up all the time as an act, but she is really my best fan and teamate.

Her energy... She is fun to play with and laugh with and debate with and entertain with. How boring my life would be without her.

Thanks for entertaining my gushing on my wife.
I love you Christine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Just happens to be mine too! (I was 30 once...)Enjoy the day!!