1.04.2007

Mooo-ving into the New Year

I road-tripped to a Dairy in Springfield, OH yesterday with a new friend Jon. When he confessed his addiction to milk and all things dairy I felt like I had just lit-up infront of a nicotene addict. Fortunately I was able to peel Jon away from the dairy with little more than a scratch, but only after I let him pose with Rosie and Rocky the mascots.

Milk is quite good for you, it provides great nutrition for the body. I've never heard of any doctor saying, you look pretty healthy...but you should back off the milk a little. In 2007 I need to drink more milk and take better care of my body. But that is not all that I need to do...because whether I like it or not my body at the ripe young age of 35 is beginning to decay. I need also to feed my soul.

In 2007 as I increase my daily intake of milk, to feed my bones, I also need to increase my daily intake of spiritual milk, the Word of God. Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up to salvation- 1 Peter 2:2. What feeds my soul is connecting with God... listening to what he has to say to me... sharing my fears and desires... letting him point out where I need correction... humbly submitting to his direction.

Don't get stuck with brittle bones due to a lack of milk and don't get stuck with a shriveled soul due a disconnect with God and his Word.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clays back Hip Hip Hooray!

Although you might not know it your postings help MANY people and I for one and glad your off your Christmas break... Now get blogging!!

SLW

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Hebrews 5:12 - Milk is a great starting point and as we grow up we need solid food too :-)

Great work on the blog!!