1.02.2007

Life is a Gift

Happy New Year!

I am back after about a month off. I had nothing to say in December. I was busy thinking about Christmas... rethinking my ministry at church... and trying to teach my kids that the true meaning of Christmas is not "getting toys." I lost that last battle... oh well there is always next year.

Then around Christmas I received an e-mail from a friend from Dallas, his name is John. He is living on borrowed time... meaning he should have died years ago. I really think he is a medical miracle. He has Cystic Fibrosis and has done many things that doctors told him he would not do, such as live into his 30's. I used to sit next to John at a call center that we both worked at. We talked about life and work and dreams and family. John married a sweet girl, Jen, who knew that her time with John was numbered from the start.

But she took the plunge and committed herself to him. They got married and now they have a kid. Then in his Christmas e-mail he said he is now on the top of the lung transplant list in Dallas, TX and knowing the risks involved he just wanted to say he loved his family and friends.

His story was covered by the local CBS affiliate. You can see the five minute clip here. He just wants to live a little longer.

John knows that life is a gift! What a perspective...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back brother. I will keep John in my prayers.