1.09.2007

Blue day for the Scarlet & Gray

Along with the rest of Buckeye Nation I am mourning the trouncing of my beloved Buckeyes by the gators. The Bucks were pushed, pummeled and pounced. They were out-coached, out-huscled, out-schemed and out-played. They lost miserably to a team that on game day was far superior.

If there is any saving grace, I don't think they were out-classed. I see class is how your speak about the event and your opponent. From the gators I heard only disrespect and adrenaline fueled back-handed comments about the Bucks, the Big Ten and Tressel. From the Bucks I heard nothing but positive comments about their opponent while taking full responsibility for the loss.

They don't hand out trophies in football for class... that is not how life works. But at the end of life people don't line up to walk by your coffin because it is surrounded by trophies. So how do I end my mourning and take something positive from this embarassing loss...by philosophizing of course. For you see, sport is not life, it simply prepares you for life. We Buckeyes know how tragic life can turn for a rising champion when he believes too many of the headlines (Mr. Clarrett). So win with grace.... lose with grace.... and good guys don't always end up first.

No comments: