1.22.2007

Breakdown

Why is it that it never seems like a good time for your car to breakdown? It always happens to be when you are late... or running behind... or have to be somewhere. Well, I think I know why they tell you never to say "never" or "always". Because, I actually brokedown the other day at the most convenient time, and for that I thank God.

I was meeting a friend at a Starbucks over on Lane in UA (which I rarely go to). On the way I heard a snap under my hood and immediately I lost my power steering and the car started blowing cold air. (Yea I know I snapped my flux-capacitor belt). I had only 2 turns to make to arrive at my coffee appointment.

I enjoyed the coffee and called my wife to my rescue. She was planning on leaving the house and didn't mind helping out. After my coffee she followed me only 2 more turns to my families mechanic (who I've never used before) who said he couldn't look at it until the next day.

I went about my day. I had a 4 o'clock and my friend, Jon who has a flexible schedule picked me up. On the way I found out that not only had the mechanic looked at it, he had a spare flux-capacitor belt on hand and my car was ready. After my 4 o'clock Jon drove me to the mechanic. And $330 later I was driving myself home.

When I arrived home I thought, how convenient was that. I broke down across town in the morning and drove my fixed care home that night. It was a conveneint day to breakdown. And for that I thank God.


And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Colossians 3:17

No comments: