7.16.2007

According to Caden: how to enjoy baseball

I had the pleasure of taking my oldest, Caden, to his first baseball game along with my dad. We went to see our local AAA ballclub, the Columbus Clippers. We actually made it through the 7th inning stretch... when my Dad and I had reached our limit.

I actually thought that we were there to watch the game. And I was even hoping to teach him some of the finer points of "enjoying" baseball. But once again I became the learner. How much I have forgotten in my old age?!

So here are the 5 coolest things about a night at the Clippers according to a 4 year old.

5. A $5 mini-bat is a much better souvenir than a $20 replica hat.
4. The best view of the field is from the jump house and the bouncy slide near the parking lot (did you see that air!).
3. Two words.... cotton candy.
2. Second best view of the field is running around at the top of the stairs behind the top row.
1. Keeping track of Krash and Louseal (the mascots)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great story- I can almost see Tyler pulling the same stuff, but at 3.5 I bet I would only make it 4 innings..... Sean

clayburkle said...

it was a blast. your day is coming.