7.26.2007

I believe I can fly...

...well not really... but when I was a kid I used to daydream about it. I wondered what it felt like to soar above the trees and houses and cars. How I would take off... how I would land... It really fascinated me... but alas it was just a dream.

You know the older I've become the more I've lost the art of dreaming. I'm too caught up in the practical... in the real... in the must be's. And I've lost track of the what if's... what might's... and what could be's...

That is why I enjoyed the breakfast I shared with a good friend this morning. It was more of a dream session. Just being with this friend sparks my imagination to wonder and question and to... well... dream.

I've found that dreaming about... my marriage... my kids... my career... my church... in some way invigorates me to approach each area of life on a higher plane. It feeds my ideals and frees me to see obstacles as opportunities to grow and improve.

So today I was encouraged to DREAM... and I want to invite you to do the same. You are free to dream about your family... your faith... your church... your job... your next job... your community. What if you could not only dream... but could make those dreams a reality.

You may not fly... but you will attack life with a hope and excitement that is reserved for dreamers.

2 comments:

jaybrams said...

Clay,

Good reminder post. I would like to add (if you don't mind) to step out and persue to ANY degree those dreams, which will take you into the realm of visionary.

Dreamers who do not take action eventually wake up. Visionaries dream dreams and take invigorating steps to see dreams become realities.

Oh... this is just me making stuff up... Usually i have a difficult times putting action to my dreams as well...

clayburkle said...

J, Good point. I like your distinction between dreamers and visionaries. It seems like the difference is execution. I don't want to waste my unemployment... I want to follow through on my dreams and be a visionary.