7.22.2007

A New Chapter...

Today was my last day as a pastor on staff at Northwest Bible Church. It has been a move that Christine and I have been feeling for a while and the decision really sped up in last few weeks.

And now after 3 1/2 years on staff... we are done. I've got nothing lined up... other than a bunch of dreams and lot of energy. The timing is crazy. No sooner had I seen my friend & mentor Denny leave with nothing lined up... then it was my turn.

I had the chance to share the news with the church this morning... and some were hearing it for the first time. It was hard to say "Hey, by the way, this is our last day here." But the people were gracious and made the day a very positive experience.

Tomorrow I will wake up... attack the day... and see what God has waiting for me.

6 comments:

Mike said...

Clay,

I just found out about your announcement yesterday. I wasn't there, so I wanted to let you know we will miss you. It has been an honor and pleasure having you on staff and we will be praying for you as you continue in the ministry.

The Crawfords

Anonymous said...

My brother you will be missed. But we know where to find ya! Still looking forward to that guys night around a bon fire somewhere. Thanks for sharing the journey and making NW Bible the church that it is the past 3 years. May God direct your paths and bless your journey!

Anonymous said...

clay,
shoot me an email so I have your new contact info. Hope all is well-
Sean W.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and the family. We are in the midst of a possible transition as well and it's not always easy. May you sense God's peace and his presence during this time.

Unknown said...

Clay,
Dian and I just heard the news tonight. We felt an instant bond with you, from day one of First Impressions. I will miss you, my brother! Please keep in touch, and we pray that God will keep guiding you!

Bob & Dian Steckhan

clayburkle said...

Mike & Aaron... thanks for the encouragement.

Derek... do you have any room in that unfinished bus?

Bob... I felt the same way. I will miss seeing and serving with you and Dian. I'll stop by DaVinci's sometime to say hi. What am I going to do without a regular supply of those famous sticky buns????