7.05.2007

Theology Matters.... FLUSHED

I had an interesting conversation with Caden the other night. He was juiced up by his involvement in Vacation Bible School and he guided our nightly debriefing to the topic of "how you get to heaven."

I was intrigued and a bit excited that my son was so interested in such things. He proudly shared that he knew how one gets to heaven.... through the toilet.

What?! When I asked him to clarify. He confidently recalled the story of how Uncle Doug had flushed a dead fish to heaven by means of the toilet. (Oh be careful little mouth what you say...)

At this point my concern is not so much theological as it is practical. I'm afraid that in a moment of spiritual zeal and strong desire to go to heaven... that he might try to flush himself down the toilet. And who said Theology doesn't matter?

No comments: