7.27.2007

Sunday's Goodbye Speech

This past Sunday I took the pulpit and said goodbye to my first full-time pastoral role. I put the video here (I hope not for self-promotion) but for my friends who were out of town and missed the announcement.



Watching this again... is a bit of an out of body experience for me. I came across a lot more serious than I really intended. I wanted it to be light... but it seemed a bit heavy. I wanted it to by joyful... but it seemed a bit tense.

But it was a real joy and even fun to look the church in the eyes and share this news with them. It is really an entirely different view from the stage. And for many close friends... although we won't be worshipping together... this is not good-bye... just until next time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That suit scares me. Do people still wear those things? But in all seriousness I am praying for you brother and please keep us posted as to what your journey "looks" like next. Meagin was on bed rest with our last daughter so I know a bit about that as well. Blessings to you and your family.

clayburkle said...

C'mon Derek.... You're just jealous because i look so 'GQ'. Thanks for the support. It is good to know that we aren't alone.

Anonymous said...

Clay- Northwest is losing a man that will be very difficult to replace. You are real, genuine, and a man who has a fire for God. Thank you for your example. You will be missed more than you know. May God bless you and your family through this transitional phase. Later, Bro.

clayburkle said...

Mike... Thanks for the kinds words. I've appreciated your friendship and your love for the Lord.