7.30.2007

Keep Rowing....

This past Sunday... we went to our church away from home.. APEX. When we are in Dayton visiting Christine folks (on the left)... we love going to Apex. As you can see by my shorts, flip-flops and coffee-in-hand... I feel right at home.

But look who we ran into... the George's. One month ago Denny (on the far right) and I were both on staff at the same church in Columbus. And now... exactly one month later... we are both no longer on staff and both are looking for new employment. The crazy thing is... we did not plan to meet up at Apex yesterday... we just both independently ended up there. It was great to see familiar faces in a strange land! We are not meant to journey alone.

The message was from Nehemiah 5 and was on the heart of a leader. The pastor challenged us all to have a leaders heart. And there are two things that will challenge your heart.

You find out how good a leader you are by how you handle failure... but you find out how great a leader you are by how you handle success.

Nehemiah... had great success... but he did not let it get in the way of a sacrificial... merciful... worshipful... determined... heart.

At the end of the service I wept. I sensed the reality of the presence of God that challenged me to keep going... and encouraged me to not give up.

Keep Rowing!!

No comments: