7.30.2007

Have voice... will speak

I got a cool phone call last week... but let me set it up.

There is one thing that every seminary students dreams of... their first Sunday morning sermon (at least let me speak for this seminary student). After putting in 4 years of blood, sweat and tears struggling with Greek & Hebrew and things that you can't even spell like Eschatology and Supra-Lapsarianism... you dream of the day when you can stand before the congregation and communicate God's Word to the flock.

I just got that call... last week. You see 10 days ago... I walked away from my first full-time ministry position at a church. And while I taught within my ministry a number of times... I never had the honor of speaking to the wider body. So when I left my ministry... I gave that dream back to God and thought... "I guess it wasn't meant to be."

Then just days later... a friend mine... who is a pastor... a leader... a church planter... and a dear brother... called me and invited me to come preach at his church. It was the breath of fresh air that I needed... which let me know that God is not done with me yet. And really... it is not about me... but it encourages me to know that God has not put me on the shelf.

So pray with me... and for me.. as I will have the humbling privilege of speaking forth God's Word on Sunday, August 26 at Crew Community Church in Huntington, WV.

I KNOW THAT GOD IS NOT DONE WITH ME YET!

How has God shown you that he is not done with you yet?

No comments: