8.14.2007

Behind the Music of Keith Green

I was reminded of my fond affection for the music of Keith Green this past Sunday. Dennis Jernigan shared of the influence that Keith has had on his own music. Then I found The Keith Green Story on youtube.... and I ate it up today (all 7 parts and 60 minutes of it). This is the best thing I've watched on youtube...ever.

His story of acid-dropping, star-seeking, spiritually-minded, hippie... to life-turned upside down, born again, follower of Jesus... to ministry-minded, hard-core evangelist... to top-of-the-charts Christian musician... to tragic death... is gripping (quite an understatement).

This piece of Christian Music History should be required reading. Keith Green's authenticity and passion for the gospel of Jesus Christ is a swift kick in the pants.

Part 1


Part 2


Part 3


Part 4


Part 5


Part 6


Part 7

No comments: