8.20.2007

Words of Life

These have been difficult days for my family. The emotions that we have faced in the leaving of Northwest and trying to piece together a future have been all over the board. There has been a lot of spiritual warfare. But feelings of loss... loneliness... depression... joy... hope... confusion... betrayal... fear... are regular visitors to our home. Hey I'm just keeping it real. You know how the Adversary fills our minds with lies.

Many friends are tracking our journey and sometimes shoot some encouragement our way. Late last week I received such e-mail from a friend. He identifies exactly with where I am and has walked many of the trails which I have. He has experienced the redemptive power of grace in a way that I have not and may never. So when he speaks I listen. Here is the last paragraph of his e-mail to me.

I pray, my friend, for you and your family every day. I believe that
God is doing something huge through you and preparing you for
incredible things. I'm just looking forward to seeing what they are.
The beauty of God is that, one way or another, the dragon always gets
slain. Sometimes it's just not in the timing or the manner that we
think best.

Thank you my friend for speaking words of life to my family.

Mark the blameless and behold the upright,
for there is a future for the man of peace.
Psalm 37:37

No comments: