8.21.2007

An old dog learns new tricks

My friend... mentor... infamous punster... and general journeying partner has entered the blogosphere to wax eloquent on the highways and byways of life. I'm excited that he has finally crawled out from under his rock and is going public with his thoughts. He speaks from a lifetime of following Jesus and from 31 years of formal ministry in a variety of contexts. Yet he continues to grow... develop... and change.

He has recently left a secure ministry position as he takes "getting out of the boat and following Jesus" to its radical extremes. BEWARE: If you read his stuff... he might challenge you to do the same. Check out Denny's work over at Joy in the Journey.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! The experience blogger out there might feel like my parents did the day I got my drivers license though. The World Wide Web won't know what hit them once the "Dennyisms" start flying around. Just one more man to bring the message to the masses on the www though.

dennis said...

So I'm an old dog?! Well I guess I could be called worse. Anyway glad to join you in the blogosphere. Thanks for "teaching" me how to add pictures to my post. I have soooo much to learn!

clayburkle said...

Denny, I mean 'old dog' in the best sense of the term. A nice old dog like Yeller or Lassie.

Ted Williams said...

Ol' Yeller and Lassie are no longer among the living, Clay...come on! Let's go for a fictional dog, like Krypto, the SuperDog--you know, a super hero dog. That's you, Denny!

clayburkle said...

Ted, Good to hear that you are alive. So when is your blog coming to life?

What is the update on Noah so we can be praying for him?!

TreasureHunter said...

Denny and Carol were some tf the most influential people in our lives over the last few years. I love them with a love that only comes from my heavenly Father and I know he holds then close.