8.06.2007

Great Weekend

I had a great weekend with my boys (we are pictured here with my dad). We left mom home to rest... and we headed out into the wild. Well... as wild as a cabin by a lake in Michigan can allow you to be.

We had an absolute blast. We swam in the lake... went paddle-boating... speedboating... tubing... sking... jet-skiing... fishing... and sat out by the fire telling stories.

Both boys caught their own fish. Griffin tried tubing with me... and after riding up front for 2 whole days in the ski-boat, Caden concluded that he wanted to buy a boat.

It was great to have some serious guy time... even without the mom's around. My brother brought his son also. In addition to all the fun... I found plenty of things for the boys to work on. Basic growing up stuff like listening... sharing... and obedience. I have found that these times of quantity time provide me with valuable quality time.

For example... on Sunday morning Caden had a difficult time obeying some simple requests that I had made of him. Shortly there-after I had the chance to paddle-boat out to the middle of the lake one-on-one with him... and we had a chance to talk about the value of obedience and why God wanted him to obey me.

I would rather have been no where else in the world than spending quality time investing in my sons this weekend.

No comments: