8.01.2007

No... and ...Yes

Today is a typical day in my unemployment journey... it was first a NO... then a YES.

The NO: I had a great interview yesterday. The kind that got me thinking through what it would look like for me to have the job. I pictured myself with business card in hand walking in on sales calls. Then I got the call... It always goes the same. "You have a lot of energy, passion and potential" (the butter-up)... "BUT" (I hate the but)... (now the real truth comes out) "this other candidate has more blah-blah-blah that would be a better fit for our organization. One door shut.

...then... the YES: I'm walking in from lunch and the phone rings from a number I do not recognize. It is a manager who received my resume from a colleague and wants to set up a face-to-face interview. I ask some probing questions to clarify the opportunity then hang up. I do a dance and say "Thank you God." Another door opens.

Life is a roller-coaster (see a related post of mine). God will shut some doors... and open others. And whether he is shutting or opening... he has his best interest (which involves my best interest) in mind. Just another day in my unemployment journey.

No comments: