8.20.2007

Raleigh in Review

I did fly to Raleigh on Thursday night for a one day trip and half a day of interviews. Thank you to all my friends who are praying for God to reveal his direction in my life through experiences like this.

The uncertainty and lack of control that I really have at this stage in my life is humbling. Then imagine me leading my wife and kids with calmness and confidence when I really can't promise them anything other than God will lead us and I will follow.

I had 3 long sessions of interviews on Friday with 5 different people involved. One of the neatest thing that stuck out to me was the hands-on involvement of HR in the process.

My first session was with the hiring manager and HR. At one point the hiring manager was following a line of questioning and stopped short and asked the HR guy "Can I ask this question?" The HR guy smiled and said "Nope." I quickly realized HR was there to keep the hiring manager in check. The question wasn't crazy and I went ahead and answered the question he "could not ask"... but it put me at ease to see the checks & balances that HR brought to the situation.

I put my best foot forward... but didn't have the best vibe at the end of the day. I should find out in about 2 weeks. I have to keep reminding myself... this is a journey!

I must say that the Psalms have become my friend these days... so I'll leave you with something God shared with me.

But for you, O Lord, do I wait;
it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer."
Psalm 38:15

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clay,
Just curious are you looking for a church job or some other field?

Have you been to 48days.com?

I am using this material and it has been extremely helpful.

clayburkle said...

Billy,
Computer Sales... my brother. Thanks for the link. It looks like some good stuff.