8.13.2007

Dennis Jernigan & Healing

That is why we turn to Jesus right? Healing?! Spiritual. Relational. Emotional. Physical. Personal.

So last night I had the privilege to sit under the ministry of Dennis Jernigan (Mr. You Are My All in All). He was at Northwest to share his music and his powerful testimony. I went to hear from the Lord and to support my good friend Ted.

On hearing from the Lord... Dennis did not perform. It was not a concert. It was a night of music and scripture and story around the theme of healing. A number of times we were invited to stand up (silently declaring a specific need for healing) while those around us laid hands on us and Dennis sang over us. I stood twice, in need of God's touch in my life, and was encouraged by the ministry of those around me.

On supporting Ted... (the worship leader at Northwest). I have no doubt that God planned to bring Dennis here on this specific night to minister to Ted. Ted has become a fast friend. His humility, authenticity and love for the Lord has taught me much. It was clear that he connected with Dennis on a soul level. And although Ted was never publicly visible last night. The entire event was a tribute to his servant leadership. Ted brought Dennis here and then let Dennis shine. Dennis in turn let Christ shine.

There are no great D.J. clips on youtube, but a couple of unique ones include playing paintball, singing in Jerusalem and on the sea of Galilee. Here is the best one.

No comments: